Thursday, February 21, 2008

Thing 3

I have successfully set up an RSS feed through Bloglines. I can see where this will be handy, but I can also see it causing me to spend even more time on my computer checking things out. I did have a little trouble adding a couple of sites with the orange button icon because I pushed the button to subscribe. I was told I had subscribed, but they didn't show up on my Bloglines list. I latter discovered them in an Internet Explorer file. Now I have to figure out where that is so I can get rid of it. I still need to work on organizing the Bloglines page. I can see how this could be addicting, so I'm going to start out adding things very selectively. Maybe it will help me eliminate some of my gazillion Favorites bookmarks. I will also have to check out what sites everyone else is suggesting.
The article I read also suggested some ways for using this in the classroom which could be very useful if you have everyone online. I was also amused to discover that there are apparently three main types of Spam that everyone gets, not just me. Unless you add the Rollex watches- that could be a fourth category.

No comments: